Cost for the 5-day, 4-night North Beach Writers’ Retreat is $1150 for a single room.
For those who are local, or who would prefer to make their own lodging arrangements, the cost of the workshops and all included meals is $500. Access to resort amenities is still included.
Full payment is due within two weeks of notification of acceptance. If payment is not received within two weeks, the spot may be offered to someone else.
Included in the cost, in addition to 5 nights lodging:
- Daily workshops: 2 hours in the morning and optional 2 hours in the afternoon, led 3 days by LouAnn Muhm (poetry) or Tanya Miller (memoir) and 2 days by the visiting writer.
- Meals: breakfast and lunch daily, two wine and cheese receptions. Dinners are on your own. A kitchen is available in each cabin, and Park Rapids offers many restaurant choices.
- Optional activities: field trip to Itasca State Park, campfire with s’mores, kayaking, canoeing, and swimming at North Beach Resort, with access to resort amenities including sauna, heated indoor pool, and sandy beach.
Optional activities for additional cost:
- Pontoon cruise on Potato Lake
- One-on-one consultation on up to 10 pages of your writing by either LouAnn or Tanya
- Yoga class
- Painting class